Are you a motivated leader with a general knowledge of U.S. history and U.S currency? Then set your sights on a high-profile career in our prestigious environment. Heritage Auctions (HA.com) is #1 in the collectibles auction field and our auction categories include coins, sports, comics, historical, entertainment and music… and many more!
Heritage Auctions, a well-established auction house with over 30 years of longevity, is expanding and hiring in our Dallas office to meet growing business needs. We are seeking ambitious candidates who will bring their excellent reputation, business ethics, strong work ethic, organizational skills, and knowledge to represent Heritage in the best light.
SUMMARY: Responsible for building relationships and providing specialist opinion for authenticating on all aspects of vetting of conditions and properties consigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acquire consignments
- Assist with authentications, cataloguing, essays, and condition reporting as needed
- Oversee creation of catalog – layout, essays, advertising material, etc.
- Market lots in auctions to various clients
- Participate in expansion of client database
- Assist at previews and actively participate in auctions
- Other duties may be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of experience as a commercial dealer and/or in a major auction house working environment with focus in currency
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to multitask and pay great attention to detail
- Must have a positive attitude with exceptional customer service skills
- Public speaking talents are a plus!
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to withstand long periods of sitting, looking at a computer monitor, and phone handling for approximately 8-12 hours on a daily basis. Individual may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
We are a non-smoking company and also require that all applicants submit to a drug screen and background check.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE