Are you a talented and knowledgeable World Coin Specialist? Then set your sights on a high-profile career in our unique environment. Heritage Auctions (HA.com) is #1 in the collectibles auction field and our auction categories include coins, sports, comics, historical, entertainment and music… and many more!
Heritage Auctions, a well-established auction house with over 30 years of longevity, is expanding and hiring in our Hong Kong office to meet growing business needs. We are seeking ambitious candidates who will bring their excellent reputation, business ethics, strong work ethic, organizational skills, and knowledge to represent Heritage in the best light.
SUMMARY: Responsible for building relationships and providing specialist opinion for authenticating on all aspects of vetting of conditions and properties consigned in the Hong Kong market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and answer inquiries
- Evaluate property and establish auction estimates
- Acquire consignments
- Assist with authentication, cataloguing, essays, and condition reporting as needed
- Oversee creation of catalog – layout, essays, advertising material, etc.
- Market lots in auctions to valued clients
- Participate in expansion of client database
- Assist at previews and actively participate in auctions
- Other duties may be assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred; 5+ years of experience as a commercial dealer and/or in a major auction house working environment with focus in World Coins; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES: Must be highly proficient in basic Microsoft applications, specifically Word and Excel; have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written); high ability to multitask; pay great attention to detail; have exceptional customer service skills. Public speaking talents are a plus!
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Bilingual (Chinese/English) a plus.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to withstand long periods of sitting, looking at a computer monitor, and phone handling for approximately 8 hours on a daily basis. Individual may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
The following are attributes that we are seeking in all employees at Heritage:
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal
We are a non-smoking company and also require that all applicants submit to a drug screen and background check.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE