Are you a talented and knowledgeable Fine Jewelry Specialist? Then set your sights on a high-profile career in our highly dynamic and exciting environment. Heritage Auctions (HA.com
) is the third largest and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world. Heritage Auctions sales in addition to fine jewelry include: luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, modern & contemporary art, American and European art, decorative arts, entertainment, music, and many more!
Responsible for building relationships, acquiring auction consignments, and providing expert opinions for authenticating and condition evaluations of property offered for consignment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Evaluate property and establish auction estimates.
- Acquires consignments.
- Assists with authentication, cataloguing, essays, and condition reporting as needed.
- Proof reads catalogs, essays, and advertising copy.
- Markets lots in auctions to various clients.
- Participates in expansion of client database.
- Answers inquiries.
- Oversees previews and actively participate in auctions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 5+ years’ experience in a major auction house preferred and/or as a commercial dealer with a focus in fine and estate jewelry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ideal candidate is a go-getter, outgoing, self-motivated, independent professional.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, high ability to multitask, pay attention to detail, and have a positive attitude with good customer service skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment.
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner.
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE