Are you thorough and efficient with a keen attention to detail? Then set your sights on a career in our fast-paced environment. Heritage Auctions (HA.com
) is the third largest and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world. Heritage Auctions sales in addition to fine jewelry include: luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, modern & contemporary art, American and European art, decorative arts, entertainment, music, and many more.
Responsible for pre- and post- photography tasks related to preparing items before/after images are completed. The position will require the judgment of work flows, identify and call attention to backlogs and diagnose process breakdowns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Ensure items are prepared for image capture according to style guide: including cleaning, removing stickers, tags, labels, and packaging, steaming apparel, pinning and stuffing merchandise, hard goods and footwear to department standards
- Ensure items are ready to return to each department: including reattaching tags, removing stuffing, repackaging hard goods in containers or boxes, and disassembling products that were assembled during prepping
- Consistently monitors the flow of items between the collectible departments and the photo studio
- Ensure items being photographed are acquired from and returned to various departments in a timely manner
- Partner with Photography department to meet daily production goals, and adhere to image style and quality guidelines as noted in the Style Guide for Photography
- Ability to gauge work load and report on production abilities
- Develop thorough understanding of Heritage Auctions policies, procedures and safety rules
- Willingness to cross train throughout all roles
- Review and match numbers accurately
- Other duties may be assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have 1-2 years administrative/clerical experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications, specifically Word and Excel; have excellent communication skills; high ability to effectively multitask and meet deadlines; high willingness to perform repetitive tasks; highly detail-oriented.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to withstand long periods of repeating tasks, standing, sitting, walking, and looking at a computer monitor for approximately 8-12 hours on a daily basis. Individual may repeatedly lift up to 40 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment; work flexible hours; work extended hours due to heavy work load Monday-Friday; work extended weekends, if necessary.
The following are attributes that we are seeking in all employees at Heritage:
We are a non-smoking company and also require that all applicants submit to a drug screen and background check.
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE
If you are interested in joining the Heritage family, please visit our career center at http://HA.com/Careers