Heritage Auctions is searching for an Operations Assistant with extreme attention to detail to help with the presentation of items in our Dallas office. Do you have a strong passion for Comics? This position will help unpack (requires heavy lifting), tag, and enter property information into database and assist with client pickups after auctions.
Are you efficient with a keen attention to detail? Then apply for our Operations Assistant opening in our fast-paced environment. Heritage Auctions (HA.com
) is the third largest and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world. Heritage Auctions sales in addition to fine jewelry include: luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, modern & contemporary art, American and European art, decorative arts, entertainment, music, and many more!
Responsible for the presentation of consignment items which includes sorting, heavy lifting, cleaning, and labeling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Pre-auction tasks
- Enter item information into computer system accurately
- Ensure all items are imaged in a timely manner
- Prepare (sort, clean, and label) items for auction
- Must be comfortable with day to day heavy lifting of antique furniture
- Post-auction tasks
- Prepare orders for shipping in compliance with established procedures
- Ship orders immediately after auctions.
- Process and forward items remaining onsite until payments are received
- Inform supervisors of any discrepancies or issues
- Other duties may be assigned
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must have 2+ years of related experience
- General knowledge of Fine and Decorative Arts
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, specifically Outlook and Excel
- Ability to multitask and pay great attention to detail
- Individual must be comfortable lifting up to 50 pounds.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE