Are you knowledgeable with animation art and animation history? Then set your sights on a high-profile career in our prestigious environment. Heritage Auctions (HA.com) is the #1 Collectibles Auctioneer in the world with multiple auction categories including luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, modern & contemporary art, American and European art, decorative arts, entertainment, music, and many more!
Responsible for assisting the Director of Animation Art in cataloging, processing consignments for auction, building relationships with bidders and consignors, and providing specialist opinion for evaluating, authenticating, and cataloging of properties consigned for online and catalog display. This is NOT a graphic/illustratration designer position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Candidate should be well acquainted with animation art, including but not restricted to knowledge of specific animation films and TV specials, and of the studios that produce them.
- Evaluates animation art, including production art, drawings, concept art, cels and cel background art.
- Schedules animation art consignments for auction.
- Writes descriptions for online and catalog display based on notes from consignor, the Director of Animation Art, and based on personal knowledge.
- Answers inquiries.
- Assists at previews and actively participates in auctions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a high school degree or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of two years education and/or experience in working with evaluating animation art, or the ability to demonstrate comparable expertise
- Extensive knowledge of hand drawn animation history and detailed knowledge about physical animation art required
- Must be highly proficient in basic Microsoft applications, specifically Word and Excel, have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, high ability to multitask, pay great attention to detail, and have a positive attitude with exceptional customer service skills.
- Public speaking talents are a plus!
Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
The following are attributes that we are seeking in all employees at Heritage:
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment.
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner.
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE
If you are interested in joining the Heritage family, please visit our career center at HA.com/Careers