Do you have shipping experience and a keen attention to detail? Then set your sights on a career in our fast-paced environment. Heritage Auctions (HA.com
) is the third largest and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world. Heritage Auctions sales in addition to fine jewelry include: luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, modern & contemporary art, American and European art, decorative arts, entertainment, music, and many more.
Responsible for all tasks related to accurately packing and shipping items in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Assess packaging needs adequately for delicate items
- Receive, deliver, and pick-up local and long distance consignments
- Assist loading and unloading items
- Prepare setup and break down for previews and auctions
- Maintain and organize supply and garage
- Build custom crates and other custom packaging.
- Other duties may be assigned
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS:
- High school diploma required
- Minimum 1 year of shipping experience in an office and packaging environment (not warehouse)
- Basic understanding of estimating for small package and LTL shipments.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to repeatedly lift 40 to 70 pounds for approximately 8 hours on a daily basis
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and basic knowledge of computer skills
- Must be highly detail-oriented
Valid Driver’s License.
Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment; hours are 8:30 AM – 5 PM
; work extended hours nights and weekends due to overnight travel, if necessary.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE