Do you have knowledge of Silver and Golden Age comic books? Then apply your analytical and research skills in our unique and fun environment. Heritage Auctions, a well-established auction house with over 40 years of longevity, is seeking a talented Comic Grader to join our Comics Department in Dallas. Heritage Auctions (HA.com
) is the third largest and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world. Heritage Auctions sales in addition to fine jewelry include: luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, modern & contemporary art, American and European art, decorative arts, entertainment, music, and many more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Grade comic books
- Select comics for submission to certification services
- Research and estimate values of comic books.
- Use Word, Excel, and proprietary Heritage software to compile listings of the consigned items.
Must have a strong knowledge of Silver Age and later comics, and a strong interest in Golden Age comics; experience grading comics is strongly preferred.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
Individual will need to be able to lift boxes full of comics weighing up to 30 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
The following are attributes that we are seeking in all employees at Heritage:
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment.
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner.
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal.