Please email resumes to Experts@HA.com
Are you a talented and motivated sales professional with knowledge of arts and collectibles preferably with experience within the auction industry? Heritage Auctions (HA.com), world’s largest collectibles auctioneer and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world with sales in fine jewelry, luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, fine and decorative arts, entertainment, music, and more!
With 40 years experience, Heritage Auctions is well-established and hiring to meet growing business needs. We are seeking ambitious candidates with a deep knowledge of the fine arts and the local collector community who can bring their excellent reputation, business acumen, strong work ethic, organizational skills, and knowledge to represent Heritage.
Responsible for assisting with property auction valuations, acquiring consignments, and building relationships in the collecting and Trusts & Estates communities. Will be involved in developing and executing local business strategy while working closely with management and Consignment Directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow up with leads and acquire consignments
- Facilitate introductions between clients and Category Consignment Directors in relevant collecting categories
- Work with established Heritage clients to strengthen existing relationships in your area
- Leverage your personal network and bring in new clients through outreach, advertising, event support, and strategic local partnerships
- Encourage business through the Trusts & Estates community working closely on proposals and presentations with our team of Trusts & Estates professionals
- Offer written formal fair market value, estate, or insurance appraisals where appropriate, working closely with our Director of Appraisal Services
- Increase brand awareness of Heritage Auctions within the collector community, dealers, financial advisors, museums, and other potential partners
- Add potential new clients to our database, whether for short or long term consignment or buying opportunities
- Assist in marketing upcoming lots to local clients
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 5+ years’ experience in a major auction house preferred and/or as a commercial dealer; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Strong existing knowledge of local fine arts scene and collector community
- Ideal candidate is a go-getter, outgoing, self-motivated, independent professional
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to multitask and pay great attention to detail
- Must have a positive attitude with exceptional customer service skills
- Public speaking talents are a plus!
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough
Individual must have strong verbal and writing skills. Individual may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individual must be able to work both alone and in a fast-paced team environment.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE