Heritage Auctions (HA.com
) is #1 in the collectibles auction field and our auction categories include coins
, entertainment and music
… and many more
Heritage Auctions, a well-established auction house with over 30 years of longevity, is expanding in our Dallas office to meet our business needs.
Candidates please note: Heritage Auctions will be moving their headquarters from 3500 Maple Ave. Dallas, near DFW airport by summer 2020.
Obtains revenue and pays invoices by verifying and completing receipts and performing client account adjustments as needed.
- Ensures all receivable payments are accounted for and applied accurately, timely and with proper authorization.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and innovation in all accounts receivable functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, wires, echecks and credit card transactions
- Creates employee accounts receivable billings and reconciles employee receivables monthly
- Posts client NSF charges and credit card chargebacks to the general ledger
- Manages credit card customer disputes
- Posts manual PayPal payments and chargebacks to the general ledger
- Maintains the manual PayPal report and sends the report to the shipping and customer records departments.
- Assists with various customer receivable adjustments and payment applications as well as financial analysis
- Perform account reconciliations and assist with month end closing
- Engage management on any AR problems you encounter
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a high school diploma
- Associates in Business - Accounting preferred
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience working in a hands on accounting environment.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is highly preferred
- Must be able to multi-task and adjust to new situations quickly
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be extremely detail- oriented and have a positive attitude
- Must have a good mathematical background with an ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgement
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to withstand long periods of sitting, looking at a computer monitor, and phone handling for approximately 8-12 hours on a daily basis. Individual must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individual must be able to work independently in a fast-paced, team focused environment with tight turnaround deadlines.
The following are attributes that we are seeking in all employees at Heritage:
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic.
- Willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment.
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner.
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE
If you are interested in joining the Heritage family, please visit our career center at http://HA.com/Careers