Do you have experience in research, valuation, and appraising? Then set your sights on a career in our unique secondary market environment! Heritage Auctions (HA.com) is the World’s Largest Collectibles Auctioneer and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world with sales in Fine Jewelry, Luxury Accessories, Watches, Wine, Coins, Fine Art and more!
Candidates please note: Heritage Auctions will be moving their headquarters from 3500 Maple Ave. Dallas, near DFW airport by summer 2020.
Our Fine Jewelry Department is seeking an Online Specialist to evaluate property, assist with inquiries and potential consignments; and contribute research, descriptions, and values for formal appraisals, along with other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Assist with online inquiry system, including distributing emails to specialists based on value and region; and answering hallmark/trademark questions, describing the consignment process, providing referral information where appropriate, etc.
- Determine appropriate auction values by analyzing internal and external auction results including current market value considerations
- Assist Consignment Directors (specialists) with valuing collections
- Assist with formal appraisals, whether fair market value, insurance, donation, or otherwise (each having their own set of parameters); includes describing and valuing
- Assist with catalog descriptions and condition reports when the department needs extra assistance during busy times, also considering authentication and/or certification, under auction industry guidelines;
- Assist with proofing/editing text where needed
- Assist walk-in clients
- Work with visiting clients when specialists are out of the office, including writing up Consignment Agreements
- Assist from time to time with previews, auctions, and appraisal events, locally and in regional offices
- Evaluate and answer general jewelry inquiries via phone and email
- Provide cataloguing support during busy periods
- Other Duties as Assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have current knowledge of vintage jewelry, stones, and related material
- Graduate Gemologist preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to multitask and pay great attention to detail
- Demonstrated prioritization skills and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Work well in a team environment
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE