Heritage Auctions is searching for an Operations Assistant with extreme attention to detail to help with the presentation of items in our Dallas office. This position will help unpack (requires heavy lifting), tag, and enter property information into database and assist with client pickups after auctions.
Are you efficient with a keen attention to detail? Then apply for our Operations Assistant opening in our fast-paced environment. Heritage Auctions (HA.com
) world’s largest collectibles auctioneer and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world with sales in fine jewelry, luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, fine and decorative arts, entertainment, music, and more!
Candidates please note: Heritage Auctions will be moving their headquarters from 3500 Maple Ave. Dallas, near DFW airport by summer 2020.
Responsible for the presentation of consignment items which includes sorting, heavy lifting, cleaning, and labeling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Pre-auction tasks
- Enter item information into computer system accurately
- Ensure all items are imaged in a timely manner
- Prepare (sort, clean, and label) items for auction
- Must be comfortable with day to day heavy lifting of antique furniture
- Post-auction tasks
- Prepare orders for shipping in compliance with established procedures
- Ship orders immediately after auctions.
- Process and forward items remaining onsite until payments are received
- Inform supervisors of any discrepancies or issues
- Other duties may be assigned
- Must have 2+ years of related experience
- General knowledge of Fine and Decorative Arts
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, specifically Outlook and Excel
- Ability to multitask and pay great attention to detail
- Individual must be comfortable lifting up to 50 pounds.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE