Are you a motivated individual with an interest in world history and numismatics? Then set your sights on a career in our unique environment. Heritage Auctions (HA.com
) world’s largest collectibles auctioneer and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world with sales in fine jewelry, luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, fine and decorative arts, entertainment, music, and more!
Heritage Auctions, a well-established auction house with over 40 years of longevity, is seeking a motivated individual with an interest in world history and numismatics to join our award-winning headquarters staff in Dallas. If you love World Coins and have exceptional writing skills, we have an opening as a full-time cataloger. You can work with the most successful team of numismatists in the world.
Candidates please note: Heritage Auctions will be moving their headquarters from 3500 Maple Ave. Dallas, near DFW airport by summer 2020.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes incoming consignments accurately and efficiently, including
- Opening packages.
- Labeling and verifying contents of packages.
- Creating an electronic report for the consignment.
- Communicates with clients in all aspects of the consignment.
- Researches the status of consignments.
- Returns client material.
- Oversees grading and auction submissions.
- Performs department-wide inventories of consignment material.
- Assists with Consignment Directors and Operations Assistant responsibilities.
- Help to manage house inventory
- Work on longer-term projects to improve department efficiencies
The following are attributes that we are seeking in all employees at Heritage:
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal
If you are interested in joining the Heritage family, please visit our career center at http://HA.com/Careers