Do you have a passion for fine jewelry and possess excellent writing skills? Then set your sights on a high-profile career in our prestigious environment. Heritage Auctions (HA.com), world’s largest collectibles auctioneer and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world with sales in fine jewelry, luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, fine and decorative arts, entertainment, music, and many more.
The Fine Jewelry Cataloger will assist the Fine Jewelry Department by evaluating and creating descriptions of catalog property and auction consignments. This writing-intensive position will provide a great opportunity to learn about antique, estate, and period jewelry, as well as the auction industry.
Candidates please note: Heritage Auctions will be moving their headquarters from 3500 Maple Ave. Dallas, near DFW airport by summer 2020.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have the following technical skills: gemstone identification, color & clarity grading, carat weight calculations, and metal testing
- Assist at previews, handle and tag all items
- Ability to work well in a high pressure environment and ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent descriptive writing ability
- Appraisal skills helpful, but not required
- Other duties may be assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- GG diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Excellent writing and/or cataloging skills
- Strong researching skills in a high production environment
- Demonstrated prioritization skills and ability to meet deadlines