Do you know a lot about sports, especially vintage sports memorabilia? Then set your sights on a high-profile career in our highly dynamic and exciting environment.
Heritage Auctions (HA.com), world’s largest collectibles auctioneer and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world with sales in fine jewelry, luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, fine and decorative arts, entertainment, music, and more!
Candidates please note: Heritage Auctions will be moving their headquarters from 3500 Maple Ave. Dallas, near DFW airport by summer 2020.
Responsible for researching and developing accurate descriptions of sports memorabilia for upcoming auction catalogs. Must be knowledgeable of value for sports collectibles to assist Consignment Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Create catalog descriptions of sports memorabilia for upcoming auctions
- Research and make inquiries necessary to gather factual information for descriptions effectively
- Determine appropriate auction values on lots by analyzing internal and external auction results and current market values
- Prioritize based on anticipated value to determine the appropriate length of associated copy
- Processes incoming consignments accurately and efficiently, including:
- Opening packages.
- Labeling and verifying contents of packages
- Creating an electronic report for the consignment
- Communicates with clients in all aspects of the consignment
- Performs department-wide inventories of consignment material
- Assembles client information packets
- Assists with Consignment Directors and Operations Assistant responsibilities
- Able to lift boxes of material, up to 50 pounds
- Other duties may be assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of general knowledge of the collectibles industry, primarily of sports memorabilia and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with sports and appropriate reference materials
- Assessing accurate value to incoming collectibles and memorabilia
- An inquisitive, research-oriented mind
- The ability to write articles suitable for trade publications
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Extreme attention to detail
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft applications, excellent writing and/or cataloging skills; strong researching skills in a high production environment; demonstrated prioritization skills and ability to meet deadlines; great attention to detail; a high ability to learn quickly with a positive attitude.
Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced team focused environment.
The following are attributes that we are seeking in all employees at Heritage:
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment.
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner.
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE