Do you know a lot about vintage posters, especially movie posters? Then set your sights on a high-profile career in our highly dynamic and exciting environment.
Heritage Auctions (HA.com), world’s largest collectibles auctioneer and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world with sales in fine jewelry, luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, fine and decorative arts, entertainment, music, and more!
Candidates please note: Heritage Auctions will be moving their headquarters from 3500 Maple Ave. Dallas, near DFW airport by summer 2020.
Responsible for researching and developing accurate descriptions of vintage posters for upcoming auction catalogs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Create catalog descriptions of movie posters for upcoming auctions
- Research and make inquiries necessary to gather factual information for descriptions effectively
- Prioritize based on anticipated value to determine the appropriate length of associated copy
- Other duties may be assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of general knowledge of the collectibles industry, primarily vintage posters; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be highly proficient in Microsoft applications, excellent writing and/or cataloging skills; strong researching skills in a high production environment; demonstrated prioritization skills and ability to meet deadlines; great attention to detail; a high ability to learn quickly with a positive attitude.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to withstand long periods of sitting, looking at a computer monitor. Individual must be able to occasionally life up to 15 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced team focused environment.
The following are attributes that we are seeking in all employees at Heritage:
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment.
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner.
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE