Do you have knowledge of comic books? Then set your sights on an entry-level position in an exciting environment. Heritage Auctions (HA.com) world’s largest collectibles auctioneer and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world with sales in fine jewelry, luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, fine and decorative arts, entertainment, music, and more!
Candidates please note: Heritage Auctions will be moving their headquarters from 3500 Maple Ave. Dallas, near DFW airport by summer 2020.
Responsible for cataloging consignments of comic books, original comic book art, and comic book-related memorabilia, and for providing expert opinion of these items to consignors, bidders, the public in general, and associates in other auction venues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Writes descriptions for online and catalog display based on notes from consignor, own knowledge and expertise, and upon reference materials, such as The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide, with which the candidate should be very familiar
- Answers inquiries that arrive via telephone, email, and in-person
- Assists at department functions, including auctions, exhibits, and shows
- Other duties may be assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a high school degree or equivalent,
- Minimum of 2 years education and/or experience in working with comic books, comic book art, or comic-related memorabilia, or the ability to demonstrate comparable expertise
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
- Familiarity with the history of comics, comic book artists, titles, publishers, and collecting terminology
- Excellent communication skills, especially writing skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Knowledge of how to handle and protect collectibles
- Ability to multitask, pay attention to detail, and have a positive attitude while managing time efficiently
: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to withstand long periods of sitting and looking at a computer monitor, and of taking and making phone calls on a daily basis. Individual may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
: Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment. During peak catalog production periods, weekend work will be required.
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment.
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner.
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE