Heritage Auctions is looking for a Consignment Coordinator/Operations Assistant to process incoming consignments in our Beverly Hills Office. Ideal candidates will have customer service experience and an interest in collectibles!
Are you adept at addressing client and internal business partner requests? Are you efficient with a keen attention to detail? Then set your sights on a career in our fast-paced environment. Heritage Auctions (HA.com) is #1 in the collectibles auction field and our auction categories include coins, sports, comics, historical, entertainment and music… and many more.
Seeking detail-oriented Consignment Coordinator and Operations Assistant with excellent client services, administrative and operational skills to work in our Beverly Hills Office. Responsible for assisting with processing incoming consignments, assisting with client pickups and drop offs, assisting with events, working with clients and assisting otherwise as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Process incoming consignments accurately and efficiently, including:
- Opening packages
- Labeling and verifying contents of packages
- Creating an electronic report for the consignment
- Communicate with clients in all aspects of the consignment
- Research the status of consignments
- Return client material
- Perform department-wide inventories of consignment material
- Assemble client information packets
- Assist with Consignment Directors responsibilities, tasks, and projects
- Assist with client pickups/drop-offs
- Learn to and assist with packing of the material
- Participating in Events and Auctions including phone bidding, podium assistance, lot viewing, etc.
- Assist front desk if needed
- Maintain emails and respond accordingly
- Process inventory into systems and maintain spreadsheets
- Other duties may be assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High school diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2+ years of operations or admin experience
- Action-oriented with skills and aptitude to excel in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent client service skills; ability to remain calm in pressure situations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to communicate with all organizational levels
- Flexibility to work overtime and weekend hours when necessary
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to type 50-60 words per minute
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task and pay great attention to detail
- Individual may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and will frequently be handling objects
Individual must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment. This position may require overnight travel based on business needs. Individual must be able to work extended hours and weekends due to heavy work load and business travel.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE