The Department of Decorative Arts seeks a full-time Cataloguer with working knowledge of and experience within the fields of Furniture & Decorative Arts and 20th
century Design to join Heritage Auctions (HA.com), the world’s largest collectibles auctioneer and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world with sales in fine and decorative arts fine jewelry, luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books, manuscripts, entertainment, music, and much more!
Candidates please note: Heritage Auctions will be moving their headquarters from 3500 Maple Ave. Dallas, near DFW airport by summer 2020.
The Decorative Arts Cataloguer is responsible for composing basic catalogue entries and for working with Specialists to research and write narrative entries for featured items for our wide-ranging auctions which include ceramics, glass, silver, metal-work, sculpture, and furniture from around the world dating from the 17th
century to the present. These auctions include Fine Decorative Arts, Asian Art, Art Glass Featuring Art Nouveau & Art Deco, Fine Silver & Objects of Vertu, 20th
Century Design and Monthly Fine & Decorative Arts auctions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Research, identify, and describe property for catalogue entries
- Write condition reports and assist clients with condition inquires
- Write catalogue essays as required
- Assist with authentication
- Proofread catalogs and essays
- Actively participate in previews and auctions
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Professional experience within the field of Decorative Arts & Design preferred
- Professional auction industry experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Attention to detail, from visual analysis of objects to review of catalogue entries
- Ability to multitask and prioritize duties
- Positive attitude with excellent customer service skills
- Lifelong learner
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
Individual must be able to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Evening and weekend hours require
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE