Heritage Auctions (HA.com) world’s largest collectibles auctioneer and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world with sales in fine jewelry, luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, fine and decorative arts, entertainment, music, and more!
Responsibilities include working with clients to increase appraisal outreach and providing descriptions and valuations of personal property ranging from fine art, furniture, decorative arts, to a variety of collectibles and residential contents. Ideally out of Dallas headquarters but we will consider other locations.
Candidates please note: Heritage Auctions will be moving their headquarters from 3500 Maple Ave. Dallas, near DFW airport by summer 2020.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Answer inquiries and market appraisal services to various clients (source formal appraisals)
- Identify, describe, and value personal property as appropriate to type of appraisal requested.
- Provide comparables and reasoned justifications of values.
- Coordinate with other CD specialists for input wherever needed (may require a lot of follow up).
- Assist with research and authentication.
- Proofread appraisal reports.
- Participate in expansion of client database.
- Where you are lead or as delegated, prepare proposals for sale and ensure large multi-category incoming consignments are properly managed (may require hands-on assistance).
- Assist in training colleagues on how to identify and value fine and decorative arts, as well as other household contents.
- Lead the department when your manager is travelling or unavailable.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferred
- 5+ years’ experience as an appraiser with a current USPAP certificate of completion, required
- Membership in a professional appraiser’s society or association, encouraged; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be highly proficient in basic Microsoft applications, specifically Word and Excel, have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, high ability to multitask, pay great attention to detail, and have a positive attitude with exceptional client service skills. Public speaking talents are a plus!
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE
If you are interested in joining the Heritage family, please visit our career center at http://HA.com/Careers