Do you have knowledge of Silver and Golden Age comic books? Heritage Auctions is seeking a Consignment Director for Comics and Comic Art in Chicago.
Heritage Auctions, a well-established auction house with over 40 years of longevity, is seeking a talented Comic Grader to join our Comics Department in Dallas. Heritage Auctions (HA.com
) world’s largest collectibles auctioneer and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world with sales in fine jewelry, luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, fine and decorative arts, entertainment, music, and more!
The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of Golden Age and Silver Age comic books as well as original comic art from the Golden Age to present. The consignment director will be responsible for evaluating collections both in Chicago and elsewhere in the state and the region, traveling to collectors’ homes as needed, and preparing the collections for sale. A key aspect of the position is building a client list and serving as the account executive for all of these clients’ needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Buying and selling comic books or comic art
- Research and estimate values of comic books.
- Use Word, Excel, and proprietary Heritage software to compile listings of the consigned items.
- Must have a strong knowledge of Silver Age and later comics, and a strong interest in Golden Age comics; experience grading comics is strongly preferred.
Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
The following are attributes that we are seeking in all employees at Heritage:
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment.
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner.
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal.