Are you a talented and knowledgeable professional with strategic business planning skills? Then set your sights on a high-profile career in our unique environment. Heritage Auctions (HA.com) world’s largest collectibles auctioneer and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world with sales in fine jewelry, luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, fine and decorative arts, entertainment, music, and more!
Based in Dallas, Heritage Auctions is a well-established auction house in business over 40 years, with additional offices in New York, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Chicago, Palm Springs, London, and Hong Kong. We are hiring for our Dallas headquarters to meet our growing business needs. We seek ambitious candidates who will bring their excellent business and sales acumen, strong work ethic, and organizational and human resources skills to help manage our initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- SUMMARY: This position works closely with the Vice President & Managing Director, providing support to strategic initiatives relating to category growth, sales, departmental staffing, institutional development, and related projects, among other duties.
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Work closely with Vice President & Managing Director to assist with the development of sales and client strengthening initiatives while also supporting cohesive, positively-focused and productive sales teams.
- Guide, support, and contribute to jewelry and select other department specialist’s main duties including sourcing consignments, developing client lists, soliciting bidders/buyers, assisting with formal appraisals, and other duties commensurate with their positions
- Assist with interviewing and hiring including development of a network potential consultants
- Help organize periodic training programs
- Encourage networking relationships with major private collectors and dealers
- Design letter, email, and other outreach campaigns to optimize opportunities and support the acquisition and closing of deals/consignments
- Develop Strategic Partnerships (appraisers, advisors, insurance companies, partner auction houses, etc.)
- Assist in selecting and developing museum relationships, professional conferences, Art Fairs, and networking events in and out of our offices.
- Perform cost/benefit analyses in the project decision-making process and support or manage chosen strategic initiatives to maximize return at all stages (solicit feedback and report results)
- Assist with qualified expansion of client database nationally and internationally
- Encourage new ideas, business opportunities, systems (stay abreast of industry developments); ensure assigned CDs stay focused on outreach and travel as needed
- Facilitate process improvement where warranted
- Travel as required to support regional offices, staff, and opportunities
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferred
- 10 + years of professional experience in related field. 5+ years of Auction House experience, preferred
- Proven leadership skills with excellent track record in delivering strategic projects and managing project resources outside your direct span of control
- Must be highly proficient in basic Microsoft applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to handle and navigate conflict resolution.
- High ability to multitask, pay great attention to detail, and have a positive attitude with exceptional client service skills.
- Public speaking talents are a plus!
Individual must be able to work in a fast paced team environment.
The following are attributes that we are seeking in all employees at Heritage:
- Sales experience
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic
- Ability to follow set standards
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal