Are you a talented and knowledgeable Americana and political specialist? Set your sights on a high-profile career in our dynamic and exciting environment. Heritage Auctions headquartered in Dallas Texas with offices in, New York, Chicago, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong, and other cities, is the 3rd largest auction house in the world with 40 different Auction categories including Coins, Sports, Comics, Historical, Jewelry, Fine & Decorative Art, Wine and many more.
SUMMARY: This Dallas-based position is responsible for evaluating a property, acquiring consignments, building relationships, generating and responding to leads, participating with the catalog production and the sales processes, and other duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties as may be assigned.
- Evaluate the property and establish auction estimates.
- Acquire consignments through HA and individually-generated leads.
- Research, authenticate, and catalog property.
- Proof catalog text and images, press releases, consignment and bidding emails, and advertising copy.
- Market lots in auctions to various clients.
- Contribute to the expansion of the client database.
- Answer inquiries before, during, and after the auction.
- Travel as needed to meet with clients and review the property for potential consignment.
- Actively participate in auctions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years’ experience in a major auction house preferred and/or as a commercial dealer with a focus on Americana and political collectibles; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The ideal candidate is a go-getter, outgoing, self-motivated, and independent professional.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, high ability to multitask, pay attention to detail, and have a positive attitude with good customer service skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment.
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner.
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers, and persons with disabilities. EOE