Are you a talented Jewelry Specialist? Then set your sights on a career at Heritage Auctions, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with offices in New York, Chicago, Beverly Hills, London, Hong Kong, and other cities. Heritage Auctions is the largest auction house founded in the U.S. and serves more than 40 different auction categories, including Coins, Sports, Comics, Historical, Jewelry, Fine & Decorative Arts, Wine, and many more.
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Paid time off
- 401k savings plans
Commensurate based on experience
South of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, NW corner of W. Airport Freeway (Hwy. 183) and Valley View Lane
This position is responsible for evaluating jewelry, acquiring consignments, building relationships, generating and responding to leads, and participating in catalog production and sales, among other duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Evaluate jewelry and establish auction estimates.
- Acquire consignments through HA and individually-generated leads.
- Research, and authenticate jewelry.
- Proof catalog text and images
- Market lots in auctions to various clients.
- Contribute to the expansion of the client database.
- Answer inquiries before, during, and after the auction.
- Travel as needed to meet with clients and review the property for potential consignment.
- Actively participate in auctions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- GIA Graduate Gemologist diploma required
- 5+ years experience in a major auction house preferred and/or as a commercial dealer focusing on estate jewelry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ideal candidate is a go-getter, outgoing, self-motivated, and professional.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, high ability to multi-task, pay attention to detail, and have a positive attitude with good customer service skills.
- Willingness to learn; work well with a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers, and persons with disabilities. EOE