Are you a talented Jewelry Specialist? Then set your sights on a career at Heritage Auctions, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with offices in New York, Chicago, Beverly Hills, London, Hong Kong, and other cities. Heritage Auctions is the largest auction house founded in the U.S. and serves more than 40 different auction categories, including Coins, Sports, Comics, Historical, Jewelry, Fine & Decorative Arts, Wine, and many more.
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Paid time off
- 401k savings plans
Commensurate based on experience
South of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, NW corner of W. Airport Freeway (Hwy. 183) and Valley View Lane
This position is responsible for evaluating property, acquiring consignments, building relationships, generating and responding to leads, among other duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Evaluate property and establish auction estimates.
- Acquire consignments through HA and individually-generated leads.
- Research and authenticate property.
- Market lots in auctions to various clients.
- Contribute to the expansion of the client database.
- Answer inquiries before, during, and after the auction.
- Travel as needed to meet with clients and review the property for potential consignment.
- Actively participate in auction previews and final auctions.
- Knowledge required to conduct formal, written appraisals for fair market value and retail replacement purposes.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- GIA Graduate Gemologist diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years experience in a major auction house preferred and/or as a commercial dealer focusing on estate jewelry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ideal candidate is a go-getter, outgoing, self-motivated, and professional.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a high ability to multitask, pay attention to detail, and a positive attitude with good customer service skills.
- Willingness to learn; work well with a team; collaborate with other auction categories
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers, and persons with disabilities. EOE