Are you thorough and efficient with keen attention to detail? Set your sights on a career at Heritage Auctions, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with offices in New York, Chicago, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong, and other cities. Heritage Auctions is the 3rd largest auction house in the world with 40 different Auction categories including, Coins, Sports, Comics, Historical, Jewelry, Fine & Decorative Art, Wine, and many more.
This is a remote work position responsible for ensuring our online listing for each lot shows the correct images and accurate description without significant typos. This is a fast-paced and high production position with a deadline structure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- The essential role of an Image proofer is to ensure that images match the description for each item in our online auctions.
- This role requires reading and verifying information through images and memory recall.
- A detailed eye for image quality is crucial.
- Learn and follow standards for various departments and able to recall information efficiently.
- Work on a team and individually to handle high production with multiple deadlines daily.
- Working remotely, each team member must be proficient with using Microsoft programs like Outlook, Word, and Excel. You will also be required to learn proprietary programs to perform the daily task.
- Communicating virtually using email, instant messaging, and video is required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 1-2 years administrative/clerical experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications, Word and Excel, etc.
- Have excellent communication skills
- High ability to effectively multitask and meet deadlines
- Willingness to perform repetitive tasks; highly detail-oriented
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to withstand long periods of repeating tasks, sitting or standing, reading, and looking at a computer monitor for approximately 8-12 hours daily. The job is performed remotely, and so you will need to make sure you have space and high-speed internet available to run programs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a remote work position. Individuals must work in a fast-paced team environment; work flexible hours; work extended hours due to heavy workload Monday-Friday; work extended weekends or overtime when necessary.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers, and persons with disabilities. EOE