Looking to apply your accounting skills in a fun and innovative company? Do you have experience in Accounts Payable Management? Then set your sights on a career in our fast-paced environment. Heritage Auctions (HA.com
) is the third largest and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world. Heritage Auctions sales in addition to fine jewelry include: luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, modern & contemporary art, American and European art, decorative arts, entertainment, music, and many more.
Responsible for managing accounts payable activities in order to achieve department goals. This position reports to the Controller.
- Responsible for the overall maintenance and stewardship of accounts payable in a multi-company environment.
- Plans and organizes an accurate and timely accounts payable month-end close process.
- Manages a team of 3 accounts payable professionals.
- Monitors the status of accounts payable team efforts on a daily basis and motivates employees.
- Ensures all open payables are paid accurately, timely and with proper authorization.
- Is an agent for positive change to help the team advance and become more efficient.
- Ensures the department is complying with generally accepted accounting principles and use tax requirements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Completes reconciliations including the monthly reconciliation of the AP Trade account.
- Provides reporting to upper management concerning accounts payable metrics, major expenses and accounts payable employee productivity.
- Assists with system implementations and process improvements related to accounts payable.
- Educates newly hired employees concerning Heritage Auctions expense reporting and company credit card policies.
- Interfaces heavily with corporate executives, departments and vendors.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have an Associates and/ or Bachelor’s degree in Business - Accounting preferred; minimum 3+ years experience in a supervisory role; thorough understanding of Corporate Finance and Accounting Principles.
Experience with Microsoft GP is highly preferred; Concur expense reporting preferred; must be able to multi-task and adjust to new situations quickly; must have excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written; must have a proven ability to recruit, lead, mentor, evaluate and develop staff; must be extremely detail- oriented and have a positive attitude.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to withstand long periods of sitting, looking at a computer monitor, and phone handling for approximately 8-12 hours on a daily basis. Individual must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individual must be able to work independently in a fast-paced, team focused environment with tight turnaround deadlines.
The following are attributes that we are seeking in all employees at Heritage:
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment.
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner.
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal.
If you are interested in joining the Heritage family, please visit our career center at http://HA.com/Careers