Are you thorough and efficient with a keen attention to detail? Then set your sights on a career in our fast-paced environment.
Heritage Auctions (HA.com) world’s largest collectibles auctioneer and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world with sales in fine jewelry, luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, fine and decorative arts, entertainment, music, and more!
Candidates please note: Heritage Auctions will be moving their headquarters from 3500 Maple Ave. Dallas, near DFW airport by summer 2020.
Responsible for pre- and post- photography tasks related to preparing items before/after images are completed. The position will require the judgment of work flows, identify and call attention to backlogs and diagnose process breakdowns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure items are prepared for image capture according to style guide: including cleaning, removing stickers, tags, labels, and packaging, steaming apparel, pinning and stuffing merchandise, hard goods and footwear to department standards
- Ensure items are ready to return to each department: including reattaching tags, removing stuffing, repackaging hard goods in containers or boxes, and disassembling products that were assembled during prepping
- Consistently monitors the flow of items between the collectible departments and the photo studio
- Ensure items being photographed are acquired from and returned to various departments in a timely manner
- Partner with Photography department to meet daily production goals, and adhere to image style and quality guidelines as noted in the Style Guide for Photography
- Ability to gauge work load and report on production abilities
- Develop thorough understanding of Heritage Auctions policies, procedures and safety rules
- Willingness to cross train throughout all roles
- Review and match numbers accurately
Other duties may be assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have 1-2 years administrative/clerical experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills; high ability to effectively multitask and meet deadlines;
- High willingness to perform repetitive tasks; highly detail-oriented
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to withstand long periods of repeating tasks, standing, sitting, walking, and looking at a computer monitor for approximately 8-12 hours on a daily basis. Individual may repeatedly lift up to 40 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment; work flexible hours; work extended hours due to heavy work load Monday-Friday; work extended weekends, if necessary.