Are you a talented and experienced Studio Photographer with commercial experience? Then apply for a position in our unique environment! Heritage Auctions (HA.com) world’s largest collectibles auctioneer and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world with sales in fine & decorative arts, jewelry, luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, entertainment, music, and more!
Candidates please note: Heritage Auctions will be moving their headquarters from 3500 Maple Ave. Dallas, near DFW airport by summer 2020.
Responsible for photographing product for internet and auction catalogs in a high-volume and fast-paced environment. Candidates must submit a portfolio or examples of their work in order to be considered.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Photograph furniture, glass, silver, and other materials that meet the expectations for our weekly Internet sales, Auction catalogs, ads, and magazines
- Attend pre-production meetings with clients to determine scope of projects and offer appropriate solutions
- Transition frequently between multiple studio roles/functions as the work requirements demand
- Individual must have a well-developed skill set understanding photo direction with the ability to execute lighting requirements quickly and effectively
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A photography education with a Fine Art or Technical degree, or the equivalent in practical on-the-job educational experience is required
- 5+ years’ experience in a professional commercial photography studio, including high-end, high-volume, hard lines retail, eCommerce, or advertising studio environment.
- A professional photography portfolio that demonstrates a working knowledge of photography, including lighting, composition, and aesthetics
- Must be able to work as a team in a creative group environment, and work independently and be self-motivated as needed
- Must be able to follow layouts and photo card direction with great attention to detail
- Proficiency in Mac based image capture software using CaptureOne Pro, and Adobe Photoshop
- Expert knowledge of digital SLR photography; Experience with Leaf Aptus, and Phase One digital backs with a 4x5 view camera a plus
- Must have a willingness to accept new project challenges
- Help to continuously improve the studio’s workflows, processes, and organization
- Good verbal, written communications and organizational skills
- Be able to stand and/or walk during shifts and lift and move up to 50lbs
- Individual must be able to work with unique personalities in a high-volume catalog environment with extremely tight turnaround times.
- Must be available to work overtime and/or weekends with the ability to maintain an established work schedule.
- We are a non-smoking company and also require that all applicants submit to a drug screen and background check.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE