Looking to apply your accounts payable talents in a fun and innovative company? Then set your sights on a career in our fast-paced environment. Heritage Auctions (HA.com) is #1 in the collectibles auction field and our auction categories include coins, sports, comics, historical, entertainment and music…and many more.
Heritage Auctions, a well-established auction house with over 30 years of longevity is expanding in our Dallas office to meet our business needs.
Candidates please note: Heritage Auctions will be moving their headquarters from 3500 Maple Ave. Dallas, near DFW airport by summer 2020.
: We are seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist / Settlements Coordinator for our Auction Settlements Department.
- Ensures all auction settlement proceed payments are accurate, timely, properly authorized and documented.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and innovation in all auction settlement functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Prepares timely and accurate auction settlement documentation and payments
- Prepares setup of consignment files accurately
- Scans agreements, enters rates into systems, verifies consigner information, reviews files for completeness, etc.
- Verifies consignor statements against legal contracts and prices realized documentation
- Reviews consignor balances before payment is made
- Meets auction settlement payment deadlines
- Communicates effectively with high-level executives, peers and clients.
- Maintains and updates all consignor documentation
- Settles multiple auctions and auction categories. Must be able to multi-task and maintain auction records at various stages of completion simultaneously
- Assists consignors with questions concerning auction proceed payments
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have an associate degree in a business field, preferably Accounting; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in Accounts Payable or Accounting.
Must be highly proficient in basic Microsoft applications, specifically Excel, have excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written, keen attention to detail, and be highly proactive with a positive attitude. Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to withstand long periods of sitting, looking at a computer monitor, and phone handling for approximately 3-8 hours on a daily basis. Individual must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
:The following are attributes that we are seeking in all employees at Heritage:
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
If you are interested in joining the Heritage family, please visit our career center at http://HA.com/Careers.