Do you have knowledge of vintage sports cards and an interest in turning your hobby into a career? Then set your sights on a high-profile career in our highly dynamic and exciting environment of sports collectibles auctions.
Heritage Sports is the largest sports auction firm in the world along with Heritage Auctions (HA.com
) world’s largest collectibles auctioneer and one of the fastest growing auction houses in the world with sales in fine jewelry, luxury accessories, watches, wine, coins, books and manuscripts, fine and decorative arts, entertainment, music, and more
Candidates please note: Heritage Auctions will be moving their headquarters from 3500 Maple Ave. Dallas, near DFW airport by summer 2020. This position will only be based out of our Dallas headquarters.
The successful candidate will have a basic knowledge of sports cards from 1900 to present. The sports card specialist will be responsible for evaluating and preparing collections for auction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Grade consigned sports cards for sale
- Write auction descriptions for single cards, group lots, and sets
- Research and estimate population data and values of sports cards
- Use Word, Excel, and proprietary Heritage software to compile listings of the consigned items for consignors and cataloging staff
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of general knowledge of the collectibles industry, primarily of sports memorabilia and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with sports and appropriate reference materials
- Assessing accurate value to incoming collectibles and memorabilia
- An inquisitive, research-oriented mind
- The ability to write articles suitable for trade publications
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Extreme attention to detail
Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
The following are attributes that we are seeking in all employees at Heritage:
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment.
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner.
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal.