Are you an expert in vintage and modern timepieces? Then set your sights on a high-profile career in our prestigious environment!
Heritage Auctions, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with offices in New York, Chicago, Beverly Hills, London, Hong Kong, and other cities. Heritage Auctions is the largest auction house founded in the U.S. and serves more than 40 different auction categories including
Coins, Sports, Comics, Historical, Jewelry, Fine & Decorative Art, Wine, and many more.
We seek ambitious candidates who will bring their business ethics, strong work ethic, organizational skills, and knowledge of vintage and luxury timepieces to represent Heritage in our New York office.
Responsible for obtaining consignments of fine timepieces, including antique pocket watches, vintage wristwatches, and high-end modern watches
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Source quality consignments from private collectors, trade dealers, and retailers
- Supervise the vetting of conditions and authenticate properties consigned
- Create and proofread catalog descriptions and marketing materials
- Market-specific consignments to valued clients
- Negotiate client terms
- Review settlements and wires
- Attend trade shows and conventions to obtain consignments and to develop strategic partnerships with clients
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 5+ years of experience as a watch dealer and/or in a major auction house working environment with a focus on watches and fine timepieces
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to multitask and pay great attention to detail
- Must have a positive attitude with exceptional customer service skills
- Public speaking talents are a plus!
Individuals must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers, and persons with disabilities. EOE