The Department of Fine & Decorative Arts seeks a full-time Cataloguer with working knowledge of and experience primarily within Prints & Multiples. Set your sights on a career at Heritage Auctions, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with offices in New York, Chicago, Beverly Hills, London, Hong Kong, and other cities. Heritage Auctions is the largest auction house founded in the U.S. and serves more than 40 different auction categories including, Coins, Sports, Comics, Historical, Jewelry, Fine & Decorative Art, Wine, and many more.
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Paid time off
- 401k savings plans
- Daily Pay: Access your pay when you need it! (Starting 03/13/2023)
Commensurate based on experience
South of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, NW corner of W. Airport Freeway (Hwy. 183) and Valley View Lane
The Fine Arts Cataloger is responsible for composing primary catalog entries and for working with Specialists to research and represent offerings within our wide-ranging auctions, which include Prints & Multiples, Photographs, Modern & Contemporary Art, and American Art, among others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Describe property for catalog entries (size, medium, condition, etc.)
- Write condition reports and assist with inquiries
- Some research, identification, and authentication
- Write select essays for marketing emails or inclusion in catalog
- Proofread catalogs and essays
- Actively participate in previews and auctions
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have writing experience
- Professional experience within the fields of Photographs and Fine Art preferred
- Professional auction industry experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Attention to detail, from visual analysis of objects to review of catalog entries
- Ability to multitask and prioritize duties
- Positive attitude with excellent customer service skills
- Lifelong learner
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
Individuals must be able to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Some evening and weekend hours are required.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers, and persons with disabilities. EOE